John Brunsdon, RE, ARCA (Lond) (1933-2014) was a well-known printmaker and painter. He was born in Cheltenham and studied art at Cheltenham College of Art 1949-53. After National Service he studied at the Royal College of Art in London, under Julian Trevelyan, Edward Bawden and Edwin La Dell. In 1961 he was invited to show at the New Editions Exhibition, a group show held by the influential art dealers Zwemmer Gallery in London. He became a founder member of The Printmakers Council in 1965 and later was elected a member of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers (the RE). Brunsdon exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1968 and several times in the 1970s. He had a number of solo exhibitions during his career, including at Curwen Gallery, London (1967), Oxford Gallery, Oxford (1973), Swansea Arts Festival (1976), John Owen Gallery, Cardiff (1984), Heffers Gallery, Cambridge (1989), the Shakespeare Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon (1990), CCA Galleries, London (1996), and the Bankside Gallery 1998 (a major retrospective show). His work is held in many public collections, including the Tate Gallery, Victoria & Albert Museum, the British Council, the University of Warwick, Government Art Collection, Arts Council of Great Britain, and the Museum of Modern Art, New York. He taught printmaking at St Albans College of Art during the 1960s and 1970s and lived in Woburn, Bedfordshire, for some years, moving subsequently to Stradbroke in Suffolk.