Hilda Mary Pemberton, SWA (1871-1956) was a well-known painter, printmaker and designer of book covers and stained glass in addition to being a teacher of art in her early years. She was born in Hammersmith, West London, and studied art at Goldsmiths College and later at the Royal College of Art. In 1905 she married the artist Eli Marsden Wilson and they lived in the same house in Acton, west London, for decades. H. M. Pemberton exhibited regularly with the Society of Women Artists from 1897, when she was living in Brockley near to the Goldsmiths College, until 1955. She also showed her work at the Royal Academy (1910-40), at the Royal Scottish Academy (1925-32) and at the Royal Cambrian Academy. As a printmaker she produced mezzotints, woodcuts, and drypoint etchings, often of landscapes and coastal subjects. In 1935 she travelled to Durban in South Africa, where her brother George Pemberton was living, and the work she undertook in that country was exhibited by her regularly from 1936 until 1954. She died in Acton Hospital in March 1956.